The Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is currently inviting students to join the Australia Awards Scholarships. This program is provided for students from some countries in Asia, the Pacific, and the Middle East that are going to pursue their Master or PhD degrees offered at Australian institutions for the academic year 2023.
Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
- Citizens of one of the eligible countries including Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Vietnam, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, or Palestinian Territories that are not permanently residing in Australia or applying for the permanent resident visa at Australia.
- Students that are at least 18 years old on 1 February and not currently serving military personnel
- Students that are not married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, during the application, selection, and mobilization phases
- Students that never received a long-term Australia Award (unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia)
- Students that never hold convictions of criminal activities (including in their country of origin)
- Students that can fulfill the specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship, the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken, and all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa.
- Students that are not applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lower than already achieved
What is the criteria of selection?
- academic achievement
- leadership qualities
- English skills
- potential to contribute to development in Indonesia.
What degrees are offered in this scholarship?
The scholarship is provided for study programs with Masters and PhD degrees that are offered in Australian institutions.